Published on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 10:25
Written by Administrator
Prayer is the greatest power available to the individual and the benefits of the power of prayer are astonishing. Discover the amazing power of prayer by following the ten rules below:
- Set aside a few minutes every day. Do not say anything, simply practice thinking about God. This will make your mind spiritually receptive.
- Then pray orally, using simple, natural words. Tell God anything that is on your mind. Do not think you must use stereotyped pious phrases. Talk to God in your own language, He understands it.
- Pray as you go about the business of the day, on the subway, or bus or at your desk. Utilise minute prayers by closing your eyes to shut out the world and concentrating briefly on God's presence. The more you do this every day the nearer you will feel God's presence.
- Do not always ask when you pray, but instead affirm that God's blessings are being given, and spend most of your prayers giving thanks.
- Pray with the belief that sincere prayers can reach out and surround your loved ones with God's love and protection.
- Never use negative thoughts in prayer. Only positive thoughts get result.
- Always express willingness to accept God's will. Ask for what you want, but be willing to take what God gives you. It may be better than what you ask for.
- Practice the attitude of putting everything in God's hand. Ask for the ability to do your best and to leave the results confidently to God.
- Pray for people you do not like or who have mistreated you. Resentment is blockade number one of spiritual power.
- Make a list of people for whom to pray. The more you pray for the other people, especially those not connected with you, the more prayer results will come back to you.
By Norman Vincent Peale